Thursday 25 June 2020

So what happened during the pandemic? And what's next?

Blog Pause

As some of you may have seen, i have not updated this blog for a while and the COVID19 pandemic is only one of the reasons...
First I want to say sorry to all those still awaiting the recap of the "Alchemy" month of the carnival of blog. I will do it, I promise!

Actual play

I've used the lock-down time to try out to work on new things, new media.
I've started to play Ironsworn for an audience and streamed 4 episodes of theatrical solo role-play. Trying new media means that i sucked at it and the 3 first episodes were either not usable sound wise or just simply not recorded (yeah I had to learn TWICE the lesson "you have to click on record if you want a recording of your session"). So I made a re-play of the 3 first episodes (but without the rolling of dice and thinking of what might happen), because how would anyone starting later on follow the story line is the beginning is missing?

The videos

So if you're interested, here are the first episodes, each ~one hour long. 
The re-play of the start of the saga:

and the only (to this day) live performance i have (episode 4):

(the beard got even longer since)

What's next

I will continue this streaming project. But i need an intrigue to send my character at, with a sect of bad cultists trying to wake up something eldritch in the village my character is staying right now.
The next videos should be:
- one video creating the cartography of the village
- playing out the intrigue

Stellar Fiefdoms

I'll be honest, i haven't written a lot. To be fair i only have written stuff in french for illustration purposes (I've recruited someone very talented, but his english is not that good).
But there are a few illustrations that look GREAT that i will show you soon

D.R.E.A.D.

Design happened in my head, but nothing is yet written. But the developments i thought of are making this setting much more interesting and playable.
With the stuff from the carnival of blogs, i will create an alchemy system. It's been maturating in my head for a while now and I think i'll soon be able to bring it to paper.

OSR stuff

On Facebook, i joined a group named "RPG Worldbuilders Visual Inspiration and Prompts", and participated a lot in the last week there.
What I've seen there triggered the Lust for writing.
So i'll start a new series of post, based on real places or things in our world, and how that would mean something or plainly exist in an OSR dungeonverse.
That's probably what's coming next on here.




No comments:

Post a Comment